Saturday, July 21, 2007

We Got Into Family Housing!!!

We have been busy! I am working a lot, and it's been a month since we made a major stock-up run to the grocery stores and Target. We rented a car for one day (5PM-5PM), and put 15 miles on it running local errands. The next morning we found out we could move in to family housing...immediately! So we prolonged the rental a few more days and put 50 more miles on the car! We had a lot to do! We are starting with nothing now. No furnished sublet, all we have is the clothes in our suitcases, some shampoo, silverware (thanks mom!), and some books. That is ALL. No lamps, beds, dish soap, broom, dustpan, ironing board, Nothing! We have blankets and floor and toilet paper. That's a start!


This is our new front door. #H12.


There is a rope swinging from the apple tree in our front yard. Clara loves it! My new garden has tons of mint, some chives, ferns, and lavender, to start with. I haven't identified all the plants yet.


Hug! Inside our entryway, in the livingroom. Behind the open door, a coat closet! Yay!


My new tiny kitchen appliances. The rest of the kitchen is huge, including the pantry. I could fit two baker's racks in the pantry. Partly because there are no shelves in it.


Roses is trying to get out the back door in the kitchen. "No touch, Roses! You don't open doors!...But wait; let me get a picture of you. Reach for the handle again!"



The girls' room has carpeting and two individual closets. So as long as the clothes are put away, Chris won't try to squeeze Clara into Rosemary's pants or hang one of Clara's tee-shirts over the baby! He'll know which clothes are which.


This is our back yard.


This is our new park. We're just as close to this one as we were to the last one, but instead of a busy street and parking spaces between, there is only a walking path and another home. It's a very well designed, community-focused neighborhood.


It's a jungle out there! This is what separates fam housing from the apartment we're in now.


Chris is so happy. Our parking lot has two basketball hoops, and a small soccer field.


And in response to Chris's nagging...I mean requests, here is a picture of me, happy, in Amherst (at the bus stop in front of fam housing). This picture, like most pics of me, was taken by Clara. Until Rosemary can handle a camera properly, she's the only person I will allow to photograph me.

I love you guys and miss you very much. I keep half-expecting someone I know to walk through the door at work, just like usual. But I'm nowhere near Riverside anymore. It's tiring being surrounded constantly by strangers. Luckily everyone and everything here is so wonderful. The Only thing missing is you. Wish you were here!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new housing! The video clip of clara took my breath away.i showed everyone one at the store how you are raising her to love the best baseball team! haha! I'm glad to hear things are working out for you guys! can't wait for the next blog. Miss you guys.
-Michelle

Auntie Molly said...

I miss you guys sooooo much!!!!It looks so beautiful where you are and the park is almost a spittin' image of cherry st.ha.ha.ha...
Love - MO

papa said...

Hey, where's my bedroom?